How to Clean Your Computer With Compressed Air. Many people might not realize this, but a computer does need to be cleaned from time to time. One tool that you can use that will help you clean your computer from the inside as well as compressed air. It is a tool that will allow you to blow away all the dust and dirt that will be lurking there. Depending on the problem, you should be able to find tips to help you clean your computer. Here are some of the things that you can use compressed air for.
Viruses or Predatory Viruses?
One of the big things you can do to keep your computer clean is to ensure that you have antivirus software. If you took Windows XP, you could find some free antivirus programs on the internet. You are now, depending on what antivirus program you take, it also depends on what operating system you are using. Make sure that you do a search and find some programs that you can download and use.
Spyware and Adware
Spyware and adware are among the many things that you can prevent by simply learning how to clean your computer and maintain it properly. These are two completely different things, and you should manage them differently. Spyware is completely different from adware in that it is used to target your computer and get onto your hard drive. While adware will just tell you about programs that you can use, spyware will actually do the work for you to prevent these programs from installing.
In addition, you should make sure that you get rid of these things properly. There are many different programs that you can get onto your computer that will install onto your hard drive without your knowledge, so you need to make sure that you get it rid of properly. If you try to delete one of these programs, it will just install itself onto your computer. Many people actually click on the cancel button when they see something there, and they don’t know that this will be what is causing the problem.
Use Disk Cleanup to Remove Junk Files and Programs.
With so many programs on your computer, it will continue to divide up the files over time. This can really slow your computer down. Instead of checking your email or visiting all of the websites that you have set up, it stores all of these files in your hard drive. This takes up a lot of resources when your computer starts up. You can speed up your computer by disabling programs that you don’t need to have enabled. Only enable the programs that you need and then disable the rest. You can also click on the Start button and go to Control Panel, and find the System and Security set up there. This is where you click on the Programs and Features of Windows.
Delete Data from Temporary Internet Files
You may not know this, but your computer is actually making lots of temporary files. These files are just spaces on your hard drive created from browsing the internet. Sometimes they take up a lot of disk space because your PC can not keep files on the internet forever. Those files can take up your hard drive space to a very large extent. So you can delete these files easily just by using Disk Cleanup. It will find all the unused and system files and just delete them.
You can find my post about this below. But to quickly go over a few points:
- If you have a lot of fragmented files, Disk Cleanup can really help clean up your computer and speed up your internet browsing.
- Run a disk cleanup in your computer. Just like you would do to a file. If you have files that are really spinning around in your memory, the chances are that your computer is badly overheating. It will also damage your computer if it overheats because it can actually damage the components.
- In order to run a disk cleanup in Windows, you need to have a clean PC. It also doesn’t matter if you have a Windows XP or Vista PC because the process is the same. You can run the disk cleanup from your hard drive. Keep in mind that you need a really good internet connection to make it work. This is because it can be hard to delete the files from a hard drive when it is fragmented.
- To run a disk cleanup in Windows, click on your Start button and go running. Type in “Disk Cleanup” and hit enter. It will gather all the files that you want to be cleaned up. From there, you can choose the options that you want. Everything from your antivirus to your browser will be run by the scan. Everything will be run by removing temporary files, defragmenting the hard drive, and clearing the cache. cache, cookies, index.dat, etc.
- Once you have chosen all of the options you want, click on Disk Cleanup.